Our School Values
Prior Heath is a very happy and friendly environment in which to learn. We place an emphasis on providing high quality learning experiences for every child, enabling them to reach their full potential. We teach a broad and balanced curriculum that encourages perseverance and excites our learners. The needs and abilities of individual children are carefully considered by our highly experienced staff and well-being is at the centre of our decision making. We are committed to high quality safeguarding practice and ensure that there is equality of opportunity for all.
Our school values, chosen by the pupils and staff, form the foundation of this vision and include: respect, kindness, responsibility, teamwork and perseverance.
As part of our nurturing environment, we value and celebrate the achievements of every child. The experiences that the children have at Prior Heath prepare them for the next part of their educational journey and provide them with memories that will hopefully last a lifetime.
Our school is a place where children are given the opportunity to:
- Fully participate in their learning and achieve their best.
- Observe, investigate, question, learn to think for themselves and collaborate.
- Develop curiosity, imagination and creativity in a safe and secure environment.
- Be inspired to develop a positive attitude towards learning.
- Attain independence in all aspects of learning and development.
- Respect and care for the world around us.
- Develop understanding of environmental and global issues.
- Understand how to live active and healthy lives.
- Celebrate being part of a diverse local, national and global community.
The children are encouraged to develop their personal qualities such as:
- Building confidence, independence and self worth.
- Showing commitment, perseverance and self discipline.
- Encouraging sensitivity for others and respect for all.
- Sharing, listening to and respecting the views, beliefs and cultures of others.
- Forming friendships and developing social skills.
- Recognising their impact on the environment and taking a responsibility for its sustainability.