Our School Values
At Prior Heath we recognise that every child is a special individual with their own needs. We aim to provide a quality learning environment in which everyone is given the opportunity to achieve their full potential and become a valued and responsible member of the local, national and global community. We are committed to high quality safeguarding practice. We endeavour to provide a happy, safe and caring atmosphere in which all children are able to understand and value their achievements and those of others and engage fully in the joy of learning.
Our school values, chosen by the pupils and staff, form the foundation of this vision and include: respect, kindness, friendship, responsibility, teamwork and perseverance.
Our school is a place where children are given the opportunity to:
- Fully participate in their learning and achieve their best.
- Observe, investigate, question, learn to think for themselves and collaborate.
- Develop curiosity, imagination and creativity in a safe and secure environment.
- Be inspired to develop a positive attitude towards learning.
- Attain independence in all aspects of learning and development.
- Respect and care for the world around us.
- Develop understanding of environmental and global issues.
- Understand how to live active and healthy lives.
- Celebrate being part of a diverse local, national and global community.
The children are encouraged to develop their personal qualities such as:
- Building confidence, independence and self worth.
- Showing commitment, perseverance and self discipline.
- Encouraging sensitivity for others and respect for all.
- Sharing, listening to and respecting the views, beliefs and cultures of others.
- Forming friendships and developing social skills.
- Recognising their impact on the environment and taking a responsibility for its sustainability.