School uniform items with the school logo (marked with an * below) can be purchased from Brenda’s Schoolwear, 130 Frimley Road Camberley Surrey GU15 2QN.
Other uniform items can be purchased from any uniform supplier.
- Light blue poly/cotton shirt or blouse (with short or long sleeves)
- Grey trousers, shorts, pinafore or skirt
- Navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo *
- Navy/blue striped tie *
- Grey or white socks or grey or navy tights
- School shoes, not trainers please
- Summer dress – light blue/white gingham check – can be worn during the summer months
- Book bag with school logo *
Children wear PE kit to school on their designated PE days:
- Light blue PE t-shirt with school logo *
- PE Hoodie with school logo * or navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan (as above)
- Plain black or navy shorts (with plain black or navy leggings or tracksuit bottoms in colder weather)
- Trainers (no laces please)
In Reception, please also provide a pair of waterproof trousers and wellington boots to be left in school in a PE bag.
Prior Heath PTA run a uniform shop selling good quality items of second hand uniform. For children starting school in September, second hand uniform will be available to purchase during induction sessions. Please email email@example.com for requests regarding second hand uniform.
It is most important that all items of school uniform, school bags, shoes, lunchboxes and water bottles ARE MARKED CLEARLY WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME. So much is lost during the school year; please ensure that your child’s uniform does not end up in “Lost Property”.
Long hair should be tied back for safety and hygiene reasons, and should be in an appropriate style for school. Hairstyles involving shaven sides, obvious ‘steps’ and/or razor lines are not considered appropriate at Prior Heath. If a child comes to school with an inappropriate hairstyle the Headteacher will contact the parents to discuss the matter. Hair braids, which are often plaited into children’s hair during holidays, can pose a risk of injury if they get caught up, particularly in PE and are, therefore, not permitted in school.
Jewellery and items from home
Jewellery can be easily lost at school, which causes distress to the child concerned. Therefore, we strongly advise that all forms of jewellery be left at home. Plain analogue watches may be worn by the older children at parents’ risk.
PLAIN GOLD STUDS MAY BE WORN BY CHILDREN WHO HAVE PIERCED EARS ON THE UNDERSTANDING THAT, FOR REASONS OF HEALTH AND HYGIENE, THEY ARE NOT WORN ON DAYS WHEN CHILDREN HAVE PE.
Please be advised that if the class’s designated PE day has to be changed and your child is wearing earrings, they will not be permitted to take part in PE that day, unless they are able to remove the earrings themselves. We do not allow children to cover earrings with tape during PE lessons.
We discourage children from bringing toys and other treasures to school, unless asked by their teacher to do so, in case of loss or damage which could cause disappointment.